Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Continuing Adventures Of Dusty Crazybull

Characters:
Rebecca
Love

Scene:
A motel. Love is working the counter. Rebecca has just walked in. It is snowing outside. Rebecca is winterized: parka, stocking cap, gloves. She removes her hat and gloves.

Rebecca: I need a room.
Love: Oh yeah?
Rebecca: Yeah. You look familiar. I've seen you before.
Love: Probably here. You come in a lot.
Rebecca: No, not here. Do you know Brigit Nielson?
Love: Yeah. Isn't she dating Flava Flav or something?
Rebecca: No, not her. The other Brigit Nielson.
Love: Oh. No, I don't know her.
Rebecca: I know I know you.
Love: Yeah. Probably from here. You come in a lot.
Rebecca: No, not from here. Look, just give me a room.
Love: Alright. I need to see your license.
Rebecca: Sure. But I need to warn you, it's fake.
Love: It's fake? Let me see the real one.
Rebecca: Alright. Here you go.
Love: Shut the hell up. This isn't you. Let me see the other one.
Rebecca: Alright. Here you go. I can't pass for that other lady?
Love: No.
Rebecca: Oh. I'll keep that in mind, seeing as it's me, and it's a picture of me.
Love: Damn. So this isn't you then? It looks like you.
Rebecca: Yeah, that's me too.
Love: They're both you?
Rebecca: Yeah. I really couldn't pass for this other lady?
Love: I thought you said that other lady was you.
Rebecca: It is. I am. It's an older picture. Can I get a room?
Love: Oh. Damn. Yeah. How many people you got with you?
Rebecca: Just me.
Love: Last time you had a guy. Dusty Crazyhorse. You don't have him with you this time?
Rebecca: Crazybull. He's my brother.
Love: Right. So how come your last name is Rodriguez?
Rebecca: I was married.
Love: Right. Okay. Here's your receipt. Sign here. Damn.
Rebecca: Two oh three?
Love: Two oh three.
[Rebecca starts to walk away.]
Love: You want your key?
Rebecca: Yes I do.
[Rebecca gets the key and starts to walk away.]
Love: Don't forget your hat.
Rebecca: Damn. Do you see how tired I am?
[Rebecca walks away.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home