Friday, November 11, 2005

Haiku Is The New Black

There is no poetry form more descriptive of our age. Everybody knows what haiku is. Everybody loves haiku. Everybody can type a haiku into their cell phone and text it all over everywhere. It is short. It is random. It is awesome. Haiku is the new Christianity. Haiku is the new Islam.

Kaitlin Harrington wrote a haiku. I would like to dedicate it to me. She gave it a title. Because I am the editor of this page, I removed the title. Haiku don't have titles. Being the editor, I can do that. This is representative of a new genre of haiku that I call Weezer Haiku.

I lost a button this morning.
Suddenly, I find myself
Exposed.

She read this to a haiku purist. He said, That isn't haiku. Haiku has to be 5-7-5 and be all season/nature imagistic and shit. I said, Take your Imperialist Elitism and go somewhere else. We don't want any. We're only dancing. From the hip.

I wrote a haiku. I would like to dedicate it to Kaitlin Harrington. It doesn't have a title. Haiku don't have titles. It is also Weezer Haiku.

How'd you get a gig with Hugh?
I would like to be with Hugh.
Heffner, in Beverly Hills.

This space has been reserved. It is for the purpose of reminding my readers that right now, at this very moment, there is a HelloKitty CyberBunny in Tokyo saying, Take your Imperialist Elitist Haiku Purist Nature shit and go somewhere else. Except that she is saying it in Japanese.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is too. . . 5-7-5. . .not so sure about all of the naturistic shit, but you can't just call it Haiku if it isn't. *smiles* For once the Imperialists are quite possibly correct. . . you should have voted against them and we wouldn't have this problem.

12:16 AM  
Blogger The Vicar said...

Yeah well, I didn't vote for them either. Same difference. Besides, I don't see a whole lot of difference between what we're doing now and what we did back when Clinton was prez. You know, the whole "bomb the shit out of Serbia" bit. Or the "let's go protect people in Somalia and have our rangers get dragged naked through Mogadishu." Or bombing an aspirin factory in Sudan. Or the resolution to use force again in Iraq if Saddam didn't back down. That time, he backed down.

It's all projection of force, or the threat of force-projection, to impose our will upon some "other."

Perhaps it's time that you woke up and realized that it doesn't matter who you vote for, they are all the same.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home