Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Here's To You, Joe Hodge

baby, light of my poetic fire, I just can't say what your verse does to me, you smooth criminal:

Seriously.
This is a poem.


Wait, yes I can. And I will. I read it and I say,
- No it is not, Joe Hodge you are so full of shit.

And then I read it again and I say,
- Okay you might be right, Joe, it just might be a poem.

And then I'm confused and I realize that I might as well be smoking crack for all the benefit a close reading gives. And the Lord in His wisdom knows I do like my crack.

ps - I have taken to passing this one off as my own and writing it on the stalls in the Ladies Room, right above my phone number, in the hope that some of the good women out there will be impressed enough to consent.

pps - To have sex.

ppps - With me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home