Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm Introduced To This Guy

and he told me his name is Dusty Crazybull. I said,
- That's Native American, right?

He nodded.

- What tribe?

- Lakota Sioux

- Oh yeah, I replied, That's awesome. I just watched that movie, the one that has Val Kilmer in it, Thunderheart, yeah that's it, for like the dozenth time, and you guys are awesome. Love what you're doing. Have you ever had a vision? I'd like to have a vision. Can you teach me to have a vision? You're all down with the earth and stuff. Love it. The earth, I mean. And you guys being all Guardians of the Gates, you know? Damn I want a vision. But I'm trapped. I'm trapped, I tell you, trapped in this city, and I just feel like I'm suffocating sometimes and I need to get away and get down with our great mother goddess great spirit, you know? And then maybe I'd have a vision too. Like you've probably had lots of visions, being out there, being one with the earth and all. Damn. I wish I was Lakota Sioux. Hell, I'd settle for being one of those uranium miners who are trying to rape mother nature with their cyanides and toxic wastes and who at the end are all trapped and surrounded by some pissed-off Lakota and about to get their asses righteously dealt to them, just so I could be a part of it, man, just so that I could say I was there, that I was this close, that I actually felt the earth breathe and move and shout. Yeah, I'd settle for that.

And then Dusty Crazybull walked away.

I liked him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home