Friday, January 13, 2006

I Was Talking To My Future Landlady's Son

and he was telling me horror stories about his high school. This reminded me of an incident from my own student-hood. I will share it with you.

Note: I cannot remember the teacher's name. Mrs. Heiss maybe. Something German, at any rate.
teacher: You were supposed to read book ten of Plato's Republic. What did you think? What were your first impressions?
[student raises his hand]
Yes?

student: I thought it was a bunch of crap.

teacher: Let's pause there a moment, before we go turning this class into something out of a J. D. Salinger novel.

student: I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. You must have meant that you wanted to hear my first impression. My mistake. I got about two pages into it and thought it was a bunch of fucking crap.

teacher: Go to the office, please.

student: It would be my pleasure, ma'am.

Did I mention that I almost didn't graduate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home