Thursday, January 12, 2006

Anonymous, Episode Ten

woman: your clock is an hour and ten minutes fast.

man: yeah, it's my car clock. i can't figure out how to set it.

woman: i'll show you. hold down this button and then stick a paperclip in this hole and

man: please don't do that.

woman: why shouldn't i do that?

man: because the clock at my house is fifty minutes slow.

woman: so change it.

man: i don't know how and i can't reset one without resetting the other.
[pause]
what? i didn't do it on purpose, it just happened. i like to believe it's serendipity, synchronicity. programming only one of my clocks would upset the natural order, and if the natural order is upset then bad things happen.

woman: right.

man: don't touch my clock.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time telling element I own is set to a different time, some to different time zones. I never truly know what the time is, nor just how late I will be getting to whatever it is I am supposed to have been at hours ago. I have come, as Kurt Vonnegut allows me, unstuck in time. I may be trapped in the amber, but I am still living for the moment.

7:50 AM  
Blogger The Vicar said...

Yeah, the moment is good.

Except when it isn't, and then it sucks. It is when living in the moment is terrible bad that I start living for yesterday.

I like yesterday.

Tomorrow's not so bad either.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is the tomorrow you wondered about yesterday. Furthermore, why put off today something you can procrastinate doing until tomorrow?

8:36 AM  
Blogger The Vicar said...

That is true, except that I'm thinking about tomorrow. No time for today. Today's no good. What about tomorrow? Tomorrow will work.

There's always tomorrow. It's only a day away. Let's do it tomorrow. It'll be a good day, I swear it will.

That is, if I ever get there. I haven't been able to yet. Nonetheless, I refuse to bow before reason. If I haven't been able to so far in life, that just means that I have to try harder.

Tomorrow. I'll try harder tomorrow.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home