Saturday, December 31, 2005

Because My Brother Is A Baboon

as detailed in my previous post, I wrote a poem. It is An Ode to the Baboon.
One time I saw a
commercial and
they painted one
half of a baboon's
face blue like
Braveheart and
lined up a bunch
of chimpanzees across
a field dressed
like medieval English
warriors and when
the baboon bent
over to give them
the old baboon
moon, lightning shot
out from his orange
ass and killed all the
English chimps dead.
My brother wants to live in Florida, where my father also lives, where there are palm trees and sunshine and alligators. Florida is a lot like Africa, where there are palm trees and sunshine and crocodiles and baboons. I think that Florida would be a good second home to a baboon. If ever there is a refugee crisis in the Savannah involving a baboon population, they could send them to Florida. I suspect that they would get along famously there with my brother, once all the chest-thumping and posturing about who gets to be on top was finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home