Saturday, December 24, 2005

Anonymous, Episode Seven (To Be Followed Immediately By A Christmas Lyric)

I'm getting some for Christmas.
Santa promised.


Unfortunately, Santa doesn't talk to me, much less make promises.
Pfah.
O to live the life of some other nameless people.
Medea said Pfah too. And then she killed her children.
I don't think that I shall go that far,
though I have yet to decide whether that makes me better or worse a person than she was.

Not that it matters, as she was a myth.

Mythical people are not the sort of people that you want to compare your own personhood to, as they are of course Mythical.
Mythical means Not Real.
Princess Leia said Pfah too. And then she kissed her brother.
I don't think that I shall kiss my brother,
though I have yet to decide whether that makes me better or worse a person than she was.
O to have Mythical People talk to me.
O to have Mythical People tell me that I will be getting some.
Some would be good to have. Or possess.
Better to receive, as it were. Or is it give?
I never do get that straight.
O to be a Mythical People that I could talk to person.
O to be a Mythical Person that I could have some to give.
O Mythical Giver, you are straight.
O Mythical Receiver,
I remember your face
in the night, your
forehead and your tongue
and it was right, though
it was supposed
to be illuminated,
you and I,
regardless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home