Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Scratch That Bit About

Dali's cookbook Les Diners de Gala being the third cookbook on my cookbook shelf, next to The Alice B. Toklas Cookbook and Patrick's 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles. I just looked it up on Abebooks.

$2500.00!!! Jesus Christ himself in person and his wee friend Biff, that is a pricey book. I guess I'll have to wait until somebody gives it to me for Christmas. My birthday works too.

I can't help but wonder why, however, the author of A Bohemian Manifesto, one Laren Stover, would even choose to mention that Dali had a cookbook. It seems cruel somehow, seeing as the people that she is nominally writing her book for (Bohemians) are notoriously dirt-fucking poor. As in, they don't have enough money to pay for electricity, much less buy a $2500!! book.

Unless, of course, she isn't really writing to a Bohemian audience, but is in fact writing to an audience of people that have plenty o' money and just want to look and act Bohemian, because Bohemians are so unutterably cool.

You know what else is cool?

Poets.

Sexy beasts, those poets.
You should ask one to show you exactly how sexy they are sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home