Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Postscript

I keep expecting one extraordinary person from Idaho, a person that (I have it on good authority) reads this column semi-regularly, to say to me something not unlike,
-Would you stop acting like a retard and climb?

Except that she probably wouldn't use the word retard. And she might be well into the sangria when she said it, inebriation not diminishing the fidelity of the statement in any way; providing only one, to my memory (bearing in mind, of course, that this is my memory, and thus not entirely to be trusted), example of perhaps too much inhabiting the sauce, when she emailed me entirely appropriate pictures of everybody that she had such pictures of, and then begged my not posting them all over my column, she is the very model of a woman who can, as they say, hold her liquor.

Goddammit I miss her exquisitely blunt self.

ps - she told me once that she wished I had chosen to play guitar instead of lounging about with the dregs of society, the "one-percenters."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember ever having called the rest of them one percenters. Now, stop acting emotionally, intellectually, socially, and psychologically challenged and CLIMB already then. *smiles*

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Vicar said...

Took you long enough to get around to it.

I've been waiting as patiently as my little pisces-self can.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home