Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Friend Of Mine, Who Lives In Nebraska,

asked me the other day,
-Love, what are the women like over there in that great state of Iowa?

And I said to him,
-It's crazy, man, the women are all crazy. They run around naked all day long, and lay around in the sun or on the street or in their livingrooms with the shades wide open. It gets to be too much, sometimes.

He didn't believe me. He thought I was lying to him. As if a poet would lie about something like that. To be honest, I thought that his disbelief was a reflection of the state of our relationship. How can two men have any sort of honest intellectual/platonic discussion, when one of the two thinks the other one's an out-and-out liar? Somehow, I had to make him see what it is that I see. And then I had an idea. I thought, this being the age of Digital Technicolor and all, why not snap a couple of pictures? So I took my ever-so-versatile Nikon D200, and I went shopping.

Here's what I got:





























Isn't that amazing? Every time I think about it I am awestruck, as if I am seeing a naked woman for the very first time ever. And I get to deal with that every day. I'm thinking about moving somewhere where the women are a little more centered, a little more grounded in reality. Somewhere like California. Or Hawaii.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My how your tastes have changed. . these poor skeletal creatures in Iowa. . . perhaps you would be better suited for the females in Nebraska. Undersexed and underpaid, just like the rest of us.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home